Latest Football Transfer Rumours | March 19

Daniel Agger threatens to leave Liverpool if he is not listed in the first team squad. Agger is not a favourite for the central defender position, instead Rafael Benitez chooses Jamie Carragher and Martin Skertel over him.

Agger, 24 failed to come to an agreement with Liverpool on a new contract deal. Agger linked with AC Milan rises the speculation that he may leave Liverpool at the end of the season. There are also rumours saying that he will try to buy out the rest of his contract in order to leave Liverpool.

In an interview with Sporten.dk, Agger said, "Let me be honest and admit that, if I don't play, then it's untenable and it can't go on like that."

"It's never nice for a footballer to not play regularly. That is something I will not hide. But my situation at the club is that he [Benitez] doesn't want to let me play," Agger added.

For now, Agger decided to stay and wait for his chance to play in the first team.

"I feel I am good enough. Therefore, it irritates me when I don't play. I am waiting for the chance to play a number of matches and to show that I am good enough," he said.

Digg ThisAdd To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

0 comments

Blog Sponsor

blogarama - the blog directory Sports Business Directory - BTS Local TopOfBlogs Sports blogs